Friday, January 15, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti

Watching the news and seeing the aftermath of the devastating earthquake in Haiti is truly heartbreaking. And knowing there are still people buried and waiting to be rescued is ... well, it leaves me at a loss for words. My thoughts and prayers are with all who are there, and those that have family and loved ones there. I can't imagine experiencing something so horriffic. I keep watching the news, I can't seem to stop watching ... hoping to see some good news.

This afternoon I read a story from the stormcarib website www.stormcarib.com , from Haiti, written by the Rollings. They're living in Haiti as full time in-country directors of Clean Water for Haiti, a humanitarian mission that works to give Haitian families access to clean water.

His experience and description of that day is nothing short of a nightmare ...

http://rollingsinhaiti.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/earthquake-day-in-port-au-prince/




No comments: