Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas in paradise

Christmas in paradise ... it's a beautiful thing! We found one of the most spectacular lighting displays on island, they even have Christmas music playing in the back ground.

Christmas day we went for a dive at Cane Bay, very nice. We saw a big barracuda and a couple of manta rays and a whole bunch of beautiful fishies ... what a great way to spend Christmas Day.

The beach was definitely the place to be on Chrismas Day. As we were exiting the water after our dive, Diane, our favorite waitress from Cane Bay Beach bar came up to greet us and give us a big Christmas hug!  She and her family were camped in the shade on the beach, sipping holiday spirits, enjoying their Christmas feast and playing in the sand. What an amazing site, watching all the families and friends enjoying the holiday together at the beach... this IS paradise!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe you are wearing swim suits and our clothes here in Oregon are layered and the top layer is usually a hooded rain jacket. I can understand why the tourists flock to your paradise! Love from Mom

Anonymous said...

And one more thing--I loved the picture taken from the water with all the greenery on the hill side with the sugar mill peeking out of the trees.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, this is a message from cold, wet and windy Northern Ireland!  I discovered your blog while keeping an eye on the weather with stormcarib.com prior to a Caribbean cruise this summer.  Thanks for the pictures of your lovely, sunny island - they remind me of the cruise and cheer me up in the depths of winter!  Keep them coming! Sarah.

Anonymous said...

I sooo wanted to see your pictures - and now they are gone. My daughter and I were in Cane Bay in Oct. She said she knew right where your pictures were taken!  Please repost them if you can.  

Anonymous said...

I checked again and the pictures were there this time! They're great!

Anonymous said...

dotfisher3/Mom -
Yes, we were wearing swimsuits & diveskins and feeling chilled during the dive ... the ocean is down to 82-83 degrees now .... BRRRRRRRR!

irishslabber/Sarah -
Hi Sarah, glad you're enjoying the pictures and happy to know it's helping to cheer you up. Northern Ireland ... BRRRRRR! I've never been, but I bet it's similar to the weather in my former home state of Oregon. Beautiful and green from all the rain, right? Stay warm, I'll keep posting pictures.

bttyfail -
Glad the pictures reappeared, I'm not sure why that happens. I've noticed they do occasionally disappear then magically reappear ... very strange. You've been to Cane Bay, so you and your daughter probably know the pictures of the beach were taken from the "Off The Wall" restaurant. Right? Although the restaurant has been closed for a while and I don't know if the name is still there.