Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Nobody here but us and a couple of lizards!

Today was a holiday here, Christmas 2nd day. I'm not kidding, it's true, it's really a holiday and that's what they call it. It was a day off for us, but HoneyBunch/Rudy and I went to work to take care of a couple of things. I happened to look out the window and spotted 2 big iguana frolicking in the parking lot. HOLY COW!!!!! Was I excited???? You better believe it!! I ran in and alerted HoneyBunch/Rudy, we grabbed our camera and snapped them in action. We threw them a couple of Christmas cookies, but they opted for weeds instead. It was quite an amazing site, they looked so happy to have the parking lot to themselves, not having to dodge customers and cars and heavy equipment. I think they were truly enjoying their Christmas 2nd day ... I believe it might be like a day at the beach for us. Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill... from the lovely state of Texas....burrr chilly this week.  I have never in my life jumped onto someone's webpage, but there was a link from the St. Croix page and I thought what- the-hey!  I love it!  I felt kinda like a voyere.  My husband and I honeymooned on St. John.  Can you tell me how the two islands compare?  I hope you and "Honeybunch" are doing well!  I will definitely check-in again.  Loved the lizards!
Danyelle C.