Saturday, September 23, 2006

Eggs Benedict, Pretty Clouds, and baby horses

This morning my HoneyBunch, Rudy, and I went to Full Moon Beach Bar (formerly Cane Bay Beach Bar) for breakfast. YUM!! This is the 2nd consecutive Saturday we've dined there for breakfast, I hope it's becoming a habit now. Although I think it's after 11 times that something becomes a habit, isn't it? I digress. I wish I'd taken pictures, the view there is beautiful; the ocean is right across the road from the restaurant. The food is good, too, we both had eggs benedict ... YUM. Next week I'll get pictures of all of it: the view, the beautiful ocean, the beach, the eggs benedict ... YUM again!
 
On the way back we drove along the North shore road, stopping to take pictures of all sorts of lovely sights. I found myself intrigued by the beautiful clouds today ... I couldn't stop snapping pictures of them ... you'll see. I LOVE pictures of pretty puffy clouds. A little further along the road we passed 2 young boys on horseback with a baby horse following ... awwwwwwwwwwww ... I'm such a sucker for baby horses, and baby goats, and baby lizards, and baby cows, and baby kittens, and baby puppies ... do you see a pattern here? I snapped a picture as we drove past the boys, then Rudy stopped and the little boy with the baby horse following came back so I could take a picture ... how sweet is that? Bless his little heart, he was so cute, and so determined to get the horses positioned for a picture. This had to be done rather quickly, as we were stopped in the middle of the road for this brief photo shoot. That's very common here, people stop in the middle of the road for all sorts of reasons; to talk to someone they know driving in the other direction, to talk to someone they know walking along the road, to talk to someone on their cell phone - the list goes on and on ... and once again I digress. So I finished taking pictures of the little boy and his equine and baby equine; we gave him a couple of bucks, since he was so thoughtful and determined to help us capture the "Kodak Moment". The really, really sweet part; his eyes just lit up when I offered him the bounty .... SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! He happily accepted the offering and said "Thank you, now my friend and I can buy a cool drink" ..... awwwwwwwwwww, bless his little heart. It's moments like that, that just tickle me pink! KWIM?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words--maybe it's genital! Or generic--but I'll bet after this you won't claim me! Your story was so cute and I especially hope there will be pictures of the food next week. I'm a sucker for food pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dotfisher3/MOM ..... wooooohoooooo .... I'm so very happy to see you've been here. How you doin'?

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is genetic .... NOT genital - that's something altogether different right there.  Tooooooooooo funny!

Love Ya, and can't wait to come visit!  

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill!!

Love the pictures!!  Looks like you really do have a life in paradise =  )

Patti

Anonymous said...

Hello Jill,
I stumbled across  your blog today, and I've had fun reading it.  I love St. Croix!  My ancestors were born there, and I've been doing a lot of research on my family there.  It has been a lot of fun; especially since I've been able to visit STX a couple of times.  It really "feels" like home to me!  I wish I could live there.

We are going again next week, in fact!  And we are staying at the Waves at Cane Bay.  Is the restaraunt you talk about here at that hotel, or is it a different place?  We will have to try it out.

Cheers!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti,

What a pleasant surprise to see your comment here, thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures .... I'm having a lot of fun taking them. There are many "Kodak moments" happening here, seems like every time I turn around I'm taking pictures!

Enjoy!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky,

I'm so glad you're enjoying reading about life in paradise. That must be fun to research your ancestors lives here.

Regarding your stay at the Waves, that's right up the road from the restaurant I wrote about, Full Moon Beach Bar. It's a hop, skip and a jump - you definitely need to put that on your itinerary, I highly recommend it. And if you're a scuba diver, Cane Bay Dive Shop is right behind Full Moon, that's where we go when we dive. The water is soooooooooooo warm - I think it's around 85 degrees now, but will be cooling down to low 80's soon. BRRRRRRRRR! If you don't dive, the snorkeling is good there. If you don't snorkel, the beach is still beautiful and a great place to kick back and relax.

Enjoy!

Jill