Monday, September 11, 2006

Wonderful weekend

What a wonderful weekend, especially Saturday! Rudy and I spent Saturday together, doing island t'ings and I LOVED it! We started with breakfast at Rumrunners, then wandered through town doing a little shopping. After that, we decided to head for home and fill up our water jugs, throw on our trunks and go for a drive to Annally Bay and the beach. We brought dear Zoe with us, she LOVES going for rides ... it's so cute the way she scampers over to the vehicle and waits for the door to be opened for her. We drove up through the scenic route, good ol' number 58; the views are spectacular from there. Reminded me of when I came here for the very first time to visit ... ahhhhh, fond memories.    Heart Eyes We stopped along one of the roads and went for a hike, downhill was fairly easy, coming back up was a good, sweaty workout. Zoe was so cute, when we finally made it up the last hill and the vehicle was within sight, she started running for it! She was ready for some A/C and agua!

During the scenic drive, we spotted a dome house across the valley, a work in progress. Quite an amazing site to see something like that in the middle of nowhere. I'm very curious about it .... I'd like to see what' it's like inside. Maybe next time we'll find the road leading to the dome and have a closer look.

Another exciting event ... and I'm so very excited I can hardly stand it. We have a little hummingbird that's making a nest right on our front porch. YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!! We have lots of wind chimes on our front porch, and Saturday we discovered the beginning of a tiny little nest on one of the hooks that holds a wind chime. It is soooooooooo cute, I hope the little hummer will finish the nest and start a family in it. You KNOW I'll be documenting that, for sure!

Got to ski-daddle ... more later.






No comments: